Procedure Followed by the PCA
Complaints are received in Authority via-
- Email or by post or in person.
- References are also received from the State Government/Human Rights Commission.
After receiving the complaint
- It is scrutinized whether necessary documents have been attached by the complainant and whether it is falls under the purview of the SPCA as per provisions of the Haryana Police Act 2007. If the complaint doesn’t fall under the purview of State Police Complaint Authority as per the Act or necessary documents are not attached by the complainant., the matter is filled by the Authority
- If the complaint meets the above criteria, SPCA seeks a report from the concerned SP of the District.
- After receiving the reply from the concerned Superintendent of Police, the matter is put up before the Authority for its decision.
- If Authority is satisfied with the status report of Superintendent of Police the Authority may take a final decision on the basis of the report itself.
- If Authority is not satisfied with the status report of Superintendent of Police concerned, Complainant is called for personal hearing before the Authority.
- After hearing the complainant, the complaint can either be disposed of or the Authority may summon the records and concerned Police officers/officials and witnesses. Regular inquiry can also be initiated by Authority through its own investigation wing.
- Hearings are conducted in presence of the complainant and the officers/officials against whom the complaint has been filed.
- After hearing all the parties and examination all records, witnesses, and enquiry reports of the investigation wing, if any, the Authority takes a final decision to either file the matter or make appropriate recommendations to the Government.