Powers of Police Complaint Authority
Section 66 of the Haryana Police Act, 2007 defines the powers of the Authority at the State Level.
According to it, in cases directly enquired by him, the Authority shall have all the powers of a civil court trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 and in particular in respect of the following matters:-
- Summoning and enforcing the attendance of witnesses and examining them on oath;
- Discover and production of any document.
- Receiving evidence on affidavits.
- Requisitioning any public record or copy thereof from any court or office;
- Issuing authorities for the examination of witnesses or documents; and
- Any other matter as may be prescribed.